Basically podcasting is this

Looking to get a podcast question answered? Whether it's find a solution to a problem or trying to figure out the best way to accomplish something, ask your question here. Please make sure to check the Tutorials, Guides and How Tos before asking your question.
johno

Basically podcasting is this

Post by johno » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:35 am

Basically podcasting is this:
I form a website, I then go to all the podcasting sites like Apple Tunes, etc., load my podcast on those sites, then go back to my web page and list those podcasts with an listing of all the podcasts hosts that'll play the podcast. Seems like a lot of work, but I guess that's how this all works.
So I don't upload my actual podcasts on my web page - I only list the podcasts hosts on my web page, then when someone visits my web page, they can "click" onto an icon of the host (or similar reference), and a feed then takes the audio to that podcast hosting playing my podcast.

StargatePioneer

Re: Basically podcasting is this

Post by StargatePioneer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 am

johno wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:35 am
Basically podcasting is this:
I form a website, I then go to all the podcasting sites like Apple Tunes, etc., load my podcast on those sites, then go back to my web page and list those podcasts with an listing of all the podcasts hosts that'll play the podcast. Seems like a lot of work, but I guess that's how this all works.
So I don't upload my actual podcasts on my web page - I only list the podcasts hosts on my web page, then when someone visits my web page, they can "click" onto an icon of the host (or similar reference), and a feed then takes the audio to that podcast hosting playing my podcast.
Sort of. You are mostly right. When you upload your file to your website (Or podcast media host service like Libsyn or Podbean) you'll need to create an RSS Feed (We talk about it on Episode 65 of Better Podcasting). The RSS feed is then distributed to the podcast directories like Apple Podcasts through podcastsconnect.com, Spotify iHeartRadio, Stitcher, etc.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com