What is it called, and ideas how to fix...

Looking to get a podcast question answered? Whether it's find a solution to a problem or trying to figure out the best way to accomplish something, ask your question here. Please make sure to check the Tutorials, Guides and How Tos before asking your question.
Post Reply
User avatar
In the 906
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:48 am
Location: Upper Michigan

What is it called, and ideas how to fix...

Post by In the 906 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:10 am

Mini-rant warning :)

While trying to edit - if I'm not running any sounds through my headphones, I'll get a very annoying hum and "thunk-CLICK" in my ears that's almost tool loud to listen to.

Of course, this is incredibly distracting from editing!

When I actually run sound through my cans, that annoying hum and thunk-click go away. It's only after a few seconds of not trying to play any sound that my computer tortures me...

Please help this newb - what is this phenomena called? If I'm going to be angry about it, I'd like to know the proper term to swear about it. :twisted:

And, on the off chance anyone has any good suggestions how to mitigate this issue, that would be great too! ;)

User avatar
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:17 am

Re: What is it called, and ideas how to fix...

Post by Zandrax » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Can you upload or link an example? That would probably be the best thing to help determine what the problem is.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest