Odd problem with sound effects increasing in volume

Looking to get a podcast question answered? Whether it's find a solution to a problem or trying to figure out the best way to accomplish something, ask your question here. Please make sure to check the Tutorials, Guides and How Tos before asking your question.
yakko

Odd problem with sound effects increasing in volume

Post by yakko » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:20 pm

I've been having an odd problem where my sound effects will occasionally increase in volume towards the end of the clip. My audio chain is like this:

iPad Pro -> camera connector adapter (for USB out) -> UCA202 -> RCA into Behringer X1204 USB mixer Line in channel 7/8
Microphone -> SS-1 preamp -> XLR into Behringer X1204 USB mixer (phantom power on) channel 1

Behringer X1204 USB mixer Aux send 1 -> UCA 222 -> USB into PC
Behringer X1204 USB mixer USB output -> Mac

Here's a screenshot of audacity where I played the file three times in iJingle, then 3 times in Bossjock.

I recorded the audio using Zencastr and Audacity on my PC and Audio Hijack on my Mac. It seems that if I played the file twice in a row it would sound fine the second time, but that's obviously not optimal. I've also uploaded the audio files here if you want to take a look: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VPgJY ... Np0US2qnlF

I've ruled out an app on the iPad since it does the same in both apps. I wonder if it could be the iPad adapter, or maybe it's a problem with the mixer? Any suggestions for how I can fix this?

StargatePioneer

Re: Odd problem with sound effects increasing in volume

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:31 am

It could be the USB driver acting up. We've definitely seen enough of that for it to be a consideration.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com