confused as to where to start....

Looking to get a podcast question answered? Whether it's find a solution to a problem or trying to figure out the best way to accomplish something, ask your question here. Please make sure to check the Tutorials, Guides and How Tos before asking your question.
cyril wohrer

confused as to where to start....

Post by cyril wohrer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:40 am

Hi,
I'm a lecturer on bhakti-yoga philosophy. I want to share my lectures/sermons with as many people as possible (with the understanding that most of my audience is/will be people who also practice Bhakti-yoga and like Hinduism, etc...).
I purchased an account with SPREAKER. So far, I'm uploading my lectures (mp3) onto my "show" (on Spreaker) and then I share the links on Facebook.
But am I doing the most efficient thing to popularize my talks with what I just described?
How do I get on many platforms? Should I just stick to uploading my files on Soundcloud.com?
I'm a bit confused, as a beginner, and I would appreciate someone's advice.
Thanks,

Cyril Wohrer
MSt., Oxford

FionntanCurranMusic

Re: confused as to where to start....

Post by FionntanCurranMusic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:08 pm

My advice is to make sure you are producing quality audio and content - either learn to produce or hire a producer/audio engineer. Make sure you are recording with good equipment and ensure your content is engaging!

After that make, sure you are consistent and constantly promoting your product!

StargatePioneer

Re: confused as to where to start....

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:31 pm

cyril wohrer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:40 am
Hi,
I'm a lecturer on bhakti-yoga philosophy. I want to share my lectures/sermons with as many people as possible (with the understanding that most of my audience is/will be people who also practice Bhakti-yoga and like Hinduism, etc...).
I purchased an account with SPREAKER. So far, I'm uploading my lectures (mp3) onto my "show" (on Spreaker) and then I share the links on Facebook.
But am I doing the most efficient thing to popularize my talks with what I just described?
How do I get on many platforms? Should I just stick to uploading my files on Soundcloud.com?
I'm a bit confused, as a beginner, and I would appreciate someone's advice.
Thanks,

Cyril Wohrer
MSt., Oxford
Cyril,

Have you applied for your podcast to be included in directories like Apple Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher?

~SP
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com