How to deal with off days?

Looking to get a podcast question answered? Whether it's find a solution to a problem or trying to figure out the best way to accomplish something, ask your question here. Please make sure to check the Tutorials, Guides and How Tos before asking your question.
BandrewSays

How to deal with off days?

Post by BandrewSays » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:31 pm

I have a question for all fellow podcasters out there. First off, I think it's important to be proud of every episode you put out, but it is inevitable to have days where you are off and have a bad episode.

How do you deal with these episodes? Do you just put out the episode even though you're unhappy with it? Do you not release an episode at all? Or, do you re-record until you're happy with the podcast? If so, how many times do you re-record before ripping your hair out?
Podcastage, Owner / Host
Bandrew Says Podcast, Owner / Host
Geeks Rising, Founder / Editor-in-Chief

MaxFlight

Re: How to deal with off days?

Post by MaxFlight » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am

I don't do solo podcasts (I'm too boring), so with co-hosts and a guest at least somebody isn't having a bad day. In that case, the solution can be creative editing!
Max Flight
Aviation Podcasts: Airplane Geeks | The UAV Digest | #PaxEx Podcast
Social Media: ​Twitter | LinkedIn

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Re: How to deal with off days?

Post by StephenJondrew » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:06 am

As with MaxFlight, I don't do solo casts either so often find that if one is off, others are there to even out. But, if I were solo podcasting and I was really unsure about the episode, I'd ask someone I know to take a listen to give honest feedback - even if it was just taking a 5-10 minute portion that I thought was really not good. We are our own worst critics, so I'd definitely try to bring in an outside opinion.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast