Apple Magic Mouse vs. Logitech 330 Silent Mouse

Loving your latest gear addition? Regretting your recent purchase? Post your Gear and Equipment review here (software reviews are also ok here too).
ScottSmith14

Apple Magic Mouse vs. Logitech 330 Silent Mouse

Post by ScottSmith14 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:10 pm

If you use a standard mouse while recording your show your listeners are likely going to hear all those mouse clicks. Two or three clicks probably isn't a problem but two or three thousand clicks and your listeners will start to wonder what you're doing. It's going to be a distraction and you're going to sound unprepared/unprofessional. Introducing the Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse. Logitech says it has a 90% reduction in click noise. Let's see.
I compared the Logitech 330 ($18) with the Apple Magic mouse 2 ($76). The recording was done with my RE-20 dynamic microphone with the mouse on my desk directly behind the microphone and 18 inches away from the front of the microphone. I'll be comparing the noise of the mouse clicks with each mouse with silence and over spoken word audio.
My conclusion: I have to agree with Logitech, their 330 is about 90% quieter than the Magic mouse 2. I liked the Logitech so much that I bought one for my co-host. Our show is now a certified mouse click free podcast. Except of course when we interview someone that uses an Apple mouse.

https://soundcloud.com/w-scott-smith-90 ... comparison
Attachments
IMG_9538.JPG
IMG_9538.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 254 times