BSW RE27 Ultimate Pop Filter (Sort Of)

Loving your latest gear addition? Regretting your recent purchase? Post your Gear and Equipment review here (software reviews are also ok here too).
ScottSmith14

BSW RE27 Ultimate Pop Filter (Sort Of)

Post by ScottSmith14 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 pm

I received this today from BSW. Do you see anything missing from this BSW RE27 Ultimate Pop filter like the POP FILTER? I called BSW customer service today and they told this has happened before. They apologized and assured me that I would receive a new one tomorrow. BTW; they charged me $16 dollars shipping for this 1.75 oz item. Other than this snafu I really like the BSW line of pop filters made for Electro-Voice RE20, 320, and 27 microphones (also works with the Heil PR40). It reduces plosives and you can look as cool as Stargate Pioneer.
Attachments
0 (10).jpeg
0 (10).jpeg (48.94 KiB) Viewed 674 times

StargatePioneer

Re: BSW RE27 Ultimate Pop Filter (Sort Of)

Post by StargatePioneer » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 am

Hah! You can drape some pantyhose over it and use it that way. In fact you may actually get better performance out of it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Sun May 21, 2017 9:06 am

I'm not sure what's more crazy, that or the fact that it's happened before. I've always felt that it was very overpriced and this just secures that thought considering the poor quality control. And 16 shipping? I'm so sick of the expensive shipping. In the world we live in, I feel like most items should be free or like a 10 flat rate. I hope you get it resolved soon. Do you have to send that one back?
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast

ScottSmith14

Post by ScottSmith14 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:45 am

No, I didn't have to send this one back and customer service was very nice. A brand-new one arrived the next day. I agree they're way overpriced. This isn't exactly a mass-produced item but they're probably making 4000% profit. I've never been a big fan of the foam windscreens, they add a little bass to my voice. This BSW pop filter reduces plosives and doesn't change the tone of my voice.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun May 28, 2017 11:14 pm

I wish BSW made a version for the Procaster and BP40. It works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Tue May 30, 2017 3:44 pm

I agree - the concept of this is one they should make for different mics. It's a low profile, fantastic design. In fact, I'm surprised no one has stolen the idea and made it with an adjustable option too.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast