YOUR Gear

Wondering if that potential purchase will do what you think it'll do? Hoping someone has a solution to that wiring idea you have. Ask and discuss here. Please consult the Gear and Equipment Reviews board instead of asking "what is your favorite" style topics.
Frozt

Re: YOUR Gear

Post by Frozt » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Oh gosh, I feel so small and tiny compared to some of these setups...but time willing I hope to improve.

Behringer Xenyx 802 (non-usb)
Neewer NW-800 Condenser Mic (even though the listing was for the nw-700)
couple ole 1/4 to 3.5 cables
Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon headset (for monitor only)

HP 550-153w Tower
23 in IPS monitor
Host of ChatNShat

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Frozt wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm
Oh gosh, I feel so small and tiny compared to some of these setups...but time willing I hope to improve.

Behringer Xenyx 802 (non-usb)
Neewer NW-800 Condenser Mic (even though the listing was for the nw-700)
couple ole 1/4 to 3.5 cables
Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon headset (for monitor only)

HP 550-153w Tower
23 in IPS monitor
Interesting. Do you find there is room echo or ambient environment noise in your recording? Do you have any sound treatment for your condenser microphone?

The reason I ask is another podcaster purchased the NW-700 during a holiday deal last December and then asked for me to listen to his show. I could clearly hear everything in the environment and room echo for him unfortunately.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

Frozt

Post by Frozt » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Yea, it does pickup environment noises. As far as echo, I don't know, I never had any issues with echo. I have the wind cover on it so I'm not sure if that helps or not, haven't tested just yet.
It runs into the mixer and mixer into PC. I played with the gain/level on the mixer to drop as much ambient noise I could.
Host of ChatNShat

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:58 pm

StephenJondrew wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 am

Audio-Related PC Components
- Behringer UCA222 Audio Soundcard
- Soundblaster Audigy Soundcard
- Asus Xonar DG Soundcard
- Realtek (Onboard) Soundcard
- EC Technology Aluminum Mini USB Sound Adapter
I've always wondered what's in the infamous Skypeosaurus. Leave it to Stephen to have FIVE sound cards in his computer!

pblanton

Post by pblanton » Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 pm

I know you posted this two years ago, but I wanted to say that I replaced four of my 1080P monitors with a single, 4k 55" Samsung flat panel TV. It streamlined my desk and dramatically reduced the cable load on the back of my PC and the video demand on the PC.

Samsung 55" 4k TVs are crazy cheap nowadays and still make delightful monitors. I saw one at Costco yesterday for ~$350. The fact that they replace four 1080P monitors make them a steal.