Video Editing Software for PC

Every forum has to have an off topic section. Here is ours.
joshuacliston

Video Editing Software for PC

Post by joshuacliston » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Hey all, this is actually a question related to my 9-5.

I need a good quality video editor (for Windows 7 Professional) to use at my day job. (for combining individual television commercials together into one long file).

I'm looking for something that's realiable, and exports a good quality file. It doesn't need to be all that complicated, just stable. It does need to have a good audio component though, as many of the advertising clips come to us from different production houses and they all produce at different levels and use wildly different EQ/Compression etc.

Budget up to $350AUD (so around $280USD).

I use all MAC away from work, so I'm trusting you fine peeps to give me the truth-on-the-ground RE: Windows.

Thanks in advance.

StargatePioneer

Re: Video Editing Software for PC

Post by StargatePioneer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:22 pm

Josh, my only experience are with Corel Videostudio X9 and Magic eggs Video Movie Studio 14. Of those two Movie Studio or the Vegas Pro version is what I’d recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

joshuacliston

Post by joshuacliston » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:40 pm

StargatePioneer wrote:Josh, my only experience are with Corel Videostudio X9 and Magic eggs Video Movie Studio 14. Of those two Movie Studio or the Vegas Pro version is what I’d recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for that SP. very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richardson

Post by Richardson » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am

I'd recommend Vegas Pro. That's what I've been using anyway. They sell it at bargain prices every once in a while. I got my licence for 20 bucks for example, a while back though.

joshuacliston

Post by joshuacliston » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Richardson wrote:I'd recommend Vegas Pro. That's what I've been using anyway. They sell it at bargain prices every once in a while. I got my licence for 20 bucks for example, a while back though.
I’ll check that out, thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 pm

For what it's worth, if you can't get deal on Vegas Pro, Movie Studio that SP said (which is the consumer version of Vegas - listed on the same site), is a very feature rich program. I've been comparing Vegas 14 to Movie Studio, and I don't know that I've used anything new in Vegas in the last month that Movie Studio didn't have.

Depending on your job as well, you might want to consider getting the Creative Cloud All Apps license if you're doing multiple creative program - it has Audition and Premiere. Weirdly though, even though I used Premiere for most of my life, I think I prefer Vegas/Movie Studio better.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast