Promote this forum

Every forum has to have an off topic section. Here is ours.
PlanetTwylo

Promote this forum

Post by PlanetTwylo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 pm

I don’t know about anyone else but I’d like to see more activity on this forum. I find services like Slack and Discord only marginally useful, Twitter even less so, and as for that dung heap known as “The Facebook”, the less said, the better. Forums such as this are better for users who want information on their schedule, and unfiltered. This could be on THE place for podcasters to exchange info, if only it was promoted more.

How I miss CompuServe, AutoSIG and TapCIS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eric Alton-Glenn Hilliard

StargatePioneer

Re: Promote this forum

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:45 pm

PlanetTwylo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 pm
I don’t know about anyone else but I’d like to see more activity on this forum. I find services like Slack and Discord only marginally useful, Twitter even less so, and as for that dung heap known as “The Facebook”, the less said, the better. Forums such as this are better for users who want information on their schedule, and unfiltered. This could be on THE place for podcasters to exchange info, if only it was promoted more.

How I miss CompuServe, AutoSIG and TapCIS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stephen and I feel the same way about the forum. But this old school tech is difficult to compete with the new school social messaging apps at the user level. Apps like Slack, Flick, and Discord seem to be all the rage these days.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

PlanetTwylo

Re: Promote this forum

Post by PlanetTwylo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:10 am

It's a shame that people don't understand the value of forums. 70253,1454
Eric Alton-Glenn Hilliard