Asking For Feedback

Looking for some community feedback on your show? Ask for it here. Please keep in mind that the feedback may not always be easy to hear. When replying to topics, please keep in mind that your fellow podcaster making themselves vulnerable to help make their podcast the best it can be.
Zandrax

Asking For Feedback

Post by Zandrax » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:40 am

http://www.geekvilleradio.com/geekville ... g-reviews/

This the latest Geekville Radio episode. I'm looking for feedback on all fronts, but mainly content. Does the show flow well? Did we ramble on too much? Does the webpage look OK? Anything I could tweak in the URL? Are the show notes adequate? Or the embedded player? RSS links? These are the type of questions that bug me far more than the equipment/gear stuff.

StargatePioneer

Re: Asking For Feedback

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Hey Seth, I made it through to the mid-roll promos and I actually think it's was good so far. The show flows well, you either keep on point or provide relevant side tracks. There might be a few crutch words used that might be able to be cleaned up with editing or training but nothing atrocious.

The one thing I will say so far is that the mid-rolls run a bit long. I get that you are tipping listeners off to all of the other great content out there but after one 30 second spot I just wanted to move on. You might want to consider pairing down the number of mid-roll cross-promotions you do and rotate them from show to show. But that's just my 2 cents. Hopefully I'll have time to continue listening in the next few days. I really enjoy the show so far and think you are doing a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

Zandrax

Post by Zandrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks again for the kind words, SP! Honestly, the spots are something I've mulled over. Rather than running them all at once and risk the listener either stopping, or hitting that FF button, maybe space them out so the listener only has to listen to one at a time.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:01 am

Do you need to run all the promos each show? If it's just cross promoting maybe one per show would be enough and just rotate.

The rest of the show was just as good as the first half in my opinion. You guys stay on topic, give good relevant supporting information and have a good flow.

As a few suggested next steps I'l try to get your cohost off of that chat headset and maybe look into an interview or guest host to expand your exposure. But it's a good solid base of a show content wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com