Stuart from TeaTimeBois

Welcome to THE PODCAST FORUM, now take a moment to tell everyone about yourself. While you can definitely include your podcast experience, please save links to your show for the "Podcast Promotion" category.
TeaTimeBoi

Stuart from TeaTimeBois

Post by TeaTimeBoi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 am

Hey everybody,

Quite new to the podcast game, and thought I would spend some time getting more in the community. Spent the last 4 hours editing, and frankly talking to someone who knows the struggle/enjoyment would be sweet.

A quick thing on me: just recently started a podcast called "Tea Time Bois" with one of my close friends. It's really chill, lots of fun, and I really enjoy doing it. I'm a bit of a cheapo so I put only the recent 2 podcasts up for download on SoundCloud, but I put the rest up on YouTube.

I actually have a question for you guys. So, to make things more visually interesting as well, I've putting some nice visual effects throughout the episode. This includes just what we are talking about, and fills up the static photo as the episode goes on. Here's a link just in case you guys wanna see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrPzPviOTQ

What do you guys think of this format? It's a lot of fun to edit but a little timely too. BUUUUUT, I joined to meet people so hit me up anytime, and I'd love to see if I can help you guys in any way.

StargatePioneer

Re: Stuart from TeaTimeBois

Post by StargatePioneer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 am

Hey Stuart,

Welcome To The Podcast Forum! Thanks for sharing your episode with us.

I started watching on YouTube to check it out and the visual elements were a nice step up from a static image the entire time but it didn't seem to me to add enough to keep a viewers attention. Most people that are listening to a podcast are doing so as they are in a situation where they cannot view video: driving, working out, yard work, etc. If they are sitting down to watch a video they actually want to see video the entire time or they will bail early in your YouTube. For what it's worth the video elements that you added fit in nicely with the podcast.

Also, I was a bit confused as to what the show was about because you never state it right up front. It's like I was walking into the middle of a coffee house conversation.

But it sounds like you guys are having fun so I'd encourage you to keep at it. Your excitement is something that kept me wanting to hear more.

~SP
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

TeaTimeBoi

Post by TeaTimeBoi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you for the feedback! I was thinking the same way as well. I'm going to fiddle around with some different ideas with that.

As for what our podcast is, I like the description of coffe house convo (or I guess I should say TeaHouse haha). Thanks for everything :)

v8b8

Post by v8b8 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 am

Welcome Stuart!

-Vinny
Vinny
Slightly Biased Podcast