Hello/looking for a co-host

Welcome to THE PODCAST FORUM, now take a moment to tell everyone about yourself. While you can definitely include your podcast experience, please save links to your show for the "Podcast Promotion" category.
nerdappreciation12

Hello/looking for a co-host

Post by nerdappreciation12 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 am

Hello there, my name is Lloyd

I'm 21 years old and I've been listening to podcasts for years now! I always dreamed I could be a podcast host.
In 2012, I got bored of college coursework and I decided to make a Facebook Group called Nerd Appreciation; it, in essence, is a content aggregate, where people share their interests with the community, this was my passion project until I realised the only one who was actually investing any effort was me. Stupidly, In my hubris and naivety I blamed the community but eventually, I came to realise; you actually aren't putting any effort in!!
Around 2015/16 I made friends with a guy at work, he would talk for hours about games and movies, we had great chemistry and I eventually decided to ask him if he would do a podcast with me. It started great!! We got together every month and talk about the games we'd been playing and the movies we'd seen. Uploads we're semi-inconsistent and it only got worse when he was promoted. We did one or two episodes after a six-month hiatus, only for us both to leave the job we were both at. We haven't uploaded anything since; he's very busy, I am very not busy.

I'm at a point where I think I can take Nerd Appreciation to the next level and I strongly believe that The Nerd Appreciation Podcast is the way forward; not only for the current (very small) community to have something to engage with, but also to get new people involved.

SO all I need is a co-host or two who can help me achieve this;
-I want to make the podcast on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule
-I need an hour or two of your time (at least)
-I would like someone who is motivated and driven
-Someone who has an interest in games, movies and/or books (graphic novels included)
-Someone (and this is the big one) who realises that it won't blow up immediately and is patient to see it through, even if it seems frivolous

If anyone is interested or have any questions, please let me know in the comments.
I'm desperate to get to the next chapter in my life.
I'll be away for two weeks at the beginning of April so ideally, I would like to start when I come back.

I look forward to hearing from you!!

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello/looking for a co-host

Post by StephenJondrew » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Welcome to the site! I enjoyed your part of the criteria where you mention not instant blow up. Awesome to see realistic expectations.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast

StargatePioneer

Re: Hello/looking for a co-host

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:34 am

Hey Lloyd! What a great journey so far and I applaud your efforts at 21. I’m impressed.

One way you can gain people to help you is by creating content on your own and building an audience. Often audience members start to become involved and can help out in a variety of different capacities including co-hosting.

Another way that you can connect with others is by interviewing other podcasters or asking them to guest host. This way helps you expand your reach, increase your exposure and helps you gain experience.

The issue with both is that without a cohost you will be limited in what you can accomplish on your own. So while you continue to build Nerd Appreciation I would caution you not to take on too much. Make sure you keep everything time manageable so you don’t burn out.

Good luck and let us know how everything is coming along!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com