Time for my introduction - Stephen Jondrew

Welcome to THE PODCAST FORUM, now take a moment to tell everyone about yourself. While you can definitely include your podcast experience, please save links to your show for the "Podcast Promotion" category.
StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Time for my introduction - Stephen Jondrew

Post by StephenJondrew » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:46 am

Guess it's only fair for me to introduce myself. My name is Stephen Jondrew and I'm a podcaster. <crowd says Hi, Stephen>.

I've been podcasting since 2008. While I had heard a couple random podcast episodes before launching my first podcast, I had largely just read about "this thing called podcasts" in concept before I really got in to subscribing to podcasts. At the time I had been getting my talking-fixation by running an online stream covering local music that featured a combination of a looping playlist and also some live broadcasts. The idea of a podcast was enticing to me as it worked more how my schedule allowed - recording items in spare time and releasing them as applicable. So my co-host from the stream as well as another buddy of mine decided we would take our talk from local music to just general music talk. While we had 14 episodes, they were released over the course of a ridiculously long period because the other two just weren't interested as much as I was (fun fact: Just the other month one of them said "You know, if I had known what I know now about podcasting, I would have been more interested).

At the time I had also been co-running a comic book website so in 2010 I helped launch a comic book podcast for the site. I originally began solely as a producer/editor, but after a few episodes circumstances changed and I decided to step in to the co-host role. The show ran for 169 episodes and while I enjoyed it, there was always a missed element of satisfaction because it was just one part of geek culture that I was talking about.

Thus in 2012 I launched the GonnaGeek.com website, a website that was intended for geeks to talk about geeky stuff. While we started off with a ton of articles and written content, as things progressed, the Podcast Network took the forefront and now it features 6 days of live-streaming content by its network members. The two podcasts I do on the network are The Official GonnaGeek.com Show, which features geek content, but also Better Podcasting, a podcast about podcasting geared toward hobby podcasters.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast

Jason Bryant

Re: Time for my introduction - Stephen Jondrew

Post by Jason Bryant » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:24 pm

And Canadian ...
Founder, Mat Talk Podcast Network
www.mattalkonline.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Jason Bryant wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:24 pm
And Canadian ...
That's true, I should lead with that from now on. Although it might be all "woah, they do exist!"
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast

ScottSmith14

Post by ScottSmith14 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:33 pm

And though it's been said many times many ways, you and SP have improved our podcast considerably.