Hello from the Buckeye state!

Welcome to THE PODCAST FORUM, now take a moment to tell everyone about yourself. While you can definitely include your podcast experience, please save links to your show for the "Podcast Promotion" category.
digitalSoup

Hello from the Buckeye state!

Post by digitalSoup » Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 am

Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I am one of the hosts of the digitalSoup podcast. I live in Ohio and have been dabbling in podcasting for a while, starting with my short lived solo project The Dead Ahead podcast (thinking of resurrecting it again) and I do all the production (if you can call it that) for my current podcast I do with some great friends who live out of state. When we were talking about doing this project we were trying to figure out how to do it remotely. We at first thought of connecting on Skype and recording a local copy on each computer and then emailing them to me but then I discovered Cast and boy does that make it easy. Check it out if you hadn't heard of it at Cast.

A little about our podcast, it is about tech ... and everything else. We basically cover geek culture, and we have a lot of laughs while doing it. If anyone is brave enough go ahead and give us a listen. Thanks in advance.

digitalSoup Podcast

StargatePioneer

Re: Hello from the Buckeye state!

Post by StargatePioneer » Wed May 10, 2017 7:02 am

Welcome to The Podcast Forum Jason and thank you for sharing Cast and digitalSoup. I'll give it a listen when I get the chance.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Wed May 10, 2017 4:16 pm

You guys have a great podcast. Was the latest episode recorded using Cast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

digitalSoup

Post by digitalSoup » Thu May 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Yeah they all are. We really enjoy it and it works great. With Cast you can also edit online and they host it but I prefer to download the tracks and edit on Audacity and I host with Podbean (been with them since my Dead Ahead Podcast days) because it is what I know. I use a Behringer 8-channel mixer and run my tablet (for my cartwall) through one channel and another source through the second (like a laptop or my Amazon Dot) and a Behringer U-Control UCA202 for delayless monitoring.

And yeah, we have a great time. We are longtime friends that just don't live in the same state anymore. We get to hang out once a week!

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 am

Welcome to the forum!
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast