What's up friends!

Welcome to THE PODCAST FORUM, now take a moment to tell everyone about yourself. While you can definitely include your podcast experience, please save links to your show for the "Podcast Promotion" category.
WheelFriendCraig

What's up friends!

Post by WheelFriendCraig » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 am

My name's Craig. I started a show called the Wheel Friends. The premise of the show is that it's about bicycles and the conversations that happen on them. Also, it's recorded while biking sometimes, which is a fun challenge if you like working with uncontrollable variables.

I started the podcast because I wanted a bike podcast that was fun and not stuffy, which a lot of cycling podcasts are. So I created the podcast I wanted to listen to and it's been the most fun thing I've done for myself in a long time. Before the first episode, I hadn't touched an audio editor in 12 years. So this is exciting.

I like scifi stuff, video games, the outdoors, camping, good design, bad jokes, synth wave, jumping into rivers, reading about futurism, punk music, and of course riding bicycles.

I'll do a proper promo post later with some other links, but in the meantime here's the link to my libsyn page. http://wheelfriends.libsyn.com/
"Spinning Spokes and Telling Jokes"
Libsyn| Google Play|Stitcher|TuneIn

Johnny P

Re: What's up friends!

Post by Johnny P » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Welcome Craig, I'm looking forward to listening to a few of your shows. I am working on getting my show going currently, but am still several months away from having it ready for the air. The reason I what to hear your show is it's in a similar vein as my show will be, about two wheels. However, mine will be about motorcycling. Similar type enthusiasm, just different passions. I'll announce the name of my show when it's ready to air. Good luck and welcome again to the forum.
Last edited by Johnny P on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 am

Welcome to the forum Craig! I took
A listen to your first two episodes. Sorry to hear about your Mountain bike! How are you recording while riding? I've actually thought about doing something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

WheelFriendCraig

Post by WheelFriendCraig » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 pm

StargatePioneer wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 am
Welcome to the forum Craig! I took
A listen to your first two episodes. Sorry to hear about your Mountain bike! How are you recording while riding? I've actually thought about doing something similar.
I appreciate the listens. Since I'm operating on a shoe string budget, I record into my cellphone actually. I picked up a hella cheap omnidirectional lapel mic off amazon for $6.50 and I record into the Samsung Voice Recorder App on my S7. For low budget field recording, I've been happy with it. It's been pretty reliable.

The problem is I'm also relying on the phone of my cohost, which is an iPhone 7. And it's been less reliable.

A.) It doesn't have a headphone jack. So in the pilot episode my cohost Eli recorded into his blutooth headset.
B.) When I bought the adapter and plugged the lapel mic into his phone, I never gave his recording app a once over and all of the levels were garbage.

WheelFriendCraig

Post by WheelFriendCraig » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Johnny P wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 pm
Welcome Craig, I'm looking forward to listening to a few of your shows. I am working on getting my show going currently, but am still several months away from having it ready for the air. The reason I what to hear your show is it's in a similar vein as my show will be, about two wheels. However, mine will be about motorcycling. Similar type enthusiasm, just different passions. I'll announce the name of my show when it's ready to air. Good luck and welcome again to the forum.
Well, motorcycles and bicycles fall in the same family tree, so it's good by me.

I assume both of us have the same fiery rage about distracted motorists. Thanks for the warm welcome.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:29 pm

WheelFriendCraig wrote:
I appreciate the listens. Since I'm operating on a shoe string budget, I record into my cellphone actually. I picked up a hella cheap omnidirectional lapel mic off amazon for $6.50 and I record into the Samsung Voice Recorder App on my S7. For low budget field recording, I've been happy with it. It's been pretty reliable.

The problem is I'm also relying on the phone of my cohost, which is an iPhone 7. And it's been less reliable.

A.) It doesn't have a headphone jack. So in the pilot episode my cohost Eli recorded into his blutooth headset.
B.) When I bought the adapter and plugged the lapel mic into his phone, I never gave his recording app a once over and all of the levels were garbage.
My mine luck I'd have too much background or ambient nose to get a good recording with those lapel microphones. I've thought about mounting a shotgun with a dead cat windscreen on it to the handlebars. I've also thought about a broadcast headset. We'll see. Sooner or later I'll try one and see what I get.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com