Bossjock Studio sound cart length time?

Software is an important part of podcasting, so discuss it here. This includes both traditional software and apps. PLEASE NOTE, ILLEGAL SOFTWARE DISCUSSION/SHARING IS NOT ALLOWED.
Johnny P

Bossjock Studio sound cart length time?

Post by Johnny P » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:47 pm

I purchased Bossjock Studio about 3 months ago for my iPad. It looks like a perfect tool for me to use in my upcoming podcast. My plan is to have prerecorded segments in many of the sound carts, then between new (in essence "live" ) recordings, punch in the prerecorded ones. I need to know how much time I can record in each cart. I have emailed the following question to Bossjock Studio at their contact email on two separate occasions and they have failed to respond at all. Not even an acknowledgement that they received the emails. The Question: "What is the longest length that my audio clip can be that I can import to each cart? Also, is there a maximum total length that I can combine all 35 carts together (example: 5 minutes [length recorded on each cart] x 35 carts = 2 hours, 55 minutes)?". My last email to them was If they were still in business, and still no reply. The emails were over a 3 week period. If anyone has an answer to my questions it would come in handy to know Bossjock Studios capacities for the nuts & bolts planning of my show. If they are now not in business, then Cliff Ravenscraft uses a different sound cart I might try. Thanks, Johnny P.

StargatePioneer

Re: Bossjock Studio sound cart length time?

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:13 pm

It might be a size limitation as well, but I just loaded a 4 hour 30 minute and 27 second WAV file unto my Legends Of Shield BossJuckStudio soundboard. That was over a 2GB file. So....maybe you'll be fine?
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

Johnny P

Post by Johnny P » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks SP! It's important to me to know it's capacities. With the information that I was trying to get, it would allow me to know if I needed to have some alternate plans and/or work arounds. Your answer pretty well let's me know that I should be okay for my needs. I was disappointed that Bossjock Studio never even acknowledged my emails though. My understanding is that one of it's creators is one of the founders of LibSyn.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 pm

Johnny P wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:43 pm
Thanks SP! It's important to me to know it's capacities. With the information that I was trying to get, it would allow me to know if I needed to have some alternate plans and/or work arounds. Your answer pretty well let's me know that I should be okay for my needs. I was disappointed that Bossjock Studio never even acknowledged my emails though. My understanding is that one of it's creators is one of the founders of LibSyn.
Glad I could help! And I hope they get back to you! I'd hate to have BossJockStudio become something that I couldn't use because they are not paying attention to updating it.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com