Magix Movie Edit Pro: A good choice?

Software is an important part of podcasting, so discuss it here. This includes both traditional software and apps. PLEASE NOTE, ILLEGAL SOFTWARE DISCUSSION/SHARING IS NOT ALLOWED.
zacharywebb

Magix Movie Edit Pro: A good choice?

Post by zacharywebb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 am

Is Magix Movie Edit Pro a good video editor for podcasting and making YouTube videos?
I am currently using VSDC Video Editor Free.
I can get Magix for $10.26 including shipping.
- Zachary Webb -
Podcaster at Serious About Tech! - Freelance Web Developer at WebbCo.us
Follower of Jesus Christ

StargatePioneer

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro: A good choice?

Post by StargatePioneer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 am

I’m not sure of the specific version you are looking at but overall Magix is a solid professional-like package. I use Movie Studio Platinum 14.0 and it hasn’t failed me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

zacharywebb

Post by zacharywebb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm

It is the 2016 edition.
- Zachary Webb -
Podcaster at Serious About Tech! - Freelance Web Developer at WebbCo.us
Follower of Jesus Christ

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:45 pm

I think Stephen is testing out that version right now. He’s liked it so far but can see where they made improvements in the next version. I think it would be a great buy at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Magix is very confusing. To clarify - Magix Movie Edit Pro is an entirely different product than the one SP and I use - Magix Movie Studio.

The backstory is that Magix purchased the Vegas line a couple years back from Sony, even though they already had a video editor (the Movie Edit Pro) - that's why they have the two lines -- Magix Movie Edit AND Magix Vegas (which the consumer version of vegas is title Movie Studio).

I looked into Magix Movie Edit awhile ago and wasn't that impressed. Compared to Magix Movie Studio, it has a significant lack of features such as lack of FLAC support.

After experimenting with a variety of consumer editor over the last 3-4 years, I would not recommend Magix Movie Edit and instead would recommend waiting for a good deal on Magix Movie Studio (the Vegas version at http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ca ... -platinum/).

I am currently experimenting with Magix Vegas Pro 14 (last year's version) and it's amazing how much of the Vegas professional line features are in the consumed edition of Magix Movie studio. Hands down my recommendation is Movie Studio over the other consumer options because of functionality. The audio tracks can all have independent VST added to them - a feature often only found in an Audio DAW. It's a MASSIVE TIME saver.

There are a few versions of Magix Movie Studio - I think the best bang for the buck is Platinum. The basic version has a 10 video track limit - which is easy to cap if you do a few overlays. I wouldn't recommend going with the basic edition and would encourage you to go with the Platinum version. There is often sales on it - right now it's on for $59 and I think you may be able to get a further coupon code signing up to their newsletter.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast