Multi Question

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit in to one of the other categories? Go ahead and post it here.
Frozt

Multi Question

Post by Frozt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:33 pm

So at times, and I'm sure others can agree, my mind has tons of random questions. Which is why I'm posting here, though I'm sure it would fit somewhere else, I wasn't sure the appropriate space.

1. Does anyone base their podcasts on "seasons" like how TV shows do? If so, do have a preset amount of shows before moving onto the next one?

2. What's the best places you've found for doing field interviews? Any particular reason why? Is there a particular time of day?

3. How far in advanced do you plan your episodes?

Just some random stuff that the thousand upon thousand of guides don't really cover.
Host of ChatNShat

StargatePioneer

Re: Multi Question

Post by StargatePioneer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:05 pm

1. We do arcs on Better Podcasting but not seasons. All of my TV-show and comic based shows are continual as well. I think that's mostly due to the nature of spoken word content versus video content. Audio is much more routine year-round like a radio show (Mike & Mike for example). Whereas video is more fit for discrete blocks in everyone's lives. But that's just me and my tastes.

2. If I can find a deli during off-peak hours or even a library room I will. But most of my field interviews are at noisy conventions.

3. Generally I like to plan my shows a few months (1-3) out. But I've been known on more than one occasion to slap an episode together right before recording.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

Frozt

Re: Multi Question

Post by Frozt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:19 am

StargatePioneer wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:05 pm
1. We do arcs on Better Podcasting but not seasons. All of my TV-show and comic based shows are continual as well. I think that's mostly due to the nature of spoken word content versus video content. Audio is much more routine year-round like a radio show (Mike & Mike for example). Whereas video is more fit for discrete blocks in everyone's lives. But that's just me and my tastes.

2. If I can find a deli during off-peak hours or even a library room I will. But most of my field interviews are at noisy conventions.

3. Generally I like to plan my shows a few months (1-3) out. But I've been known on more than one occasion to slap an episode together right before recording.
Appreciate it SP.
Host of ChatNShat