Sharing iTunes Reviews on your podcast, yes or no?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit in to one of the other categories? Go ahead and post it here.
joshuacliston

Sharing iTunes Reviews on your podcast, yes or no?

Post by joshuacliston » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:30 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on sharing iTunes Ratings and Reviews in your podcast recording?

If you do share them on the show, where else do you highlight your reviews?
• Shownotes ?
• Social Media ?
• Website ?

I've never really warmed to the idea of hearing iTunes Reviews read aloud on a Podcast (probably from hearing Afterbuzz shows completely overdo it) ..but when I have referenced ratings and reviews on my shows and given folks a shout-out they always seem to appreciate it.

yakko

Re: Sharing iTunes Reviews on your podcast, yes or no?

Post by yakko » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:12 pm

We haven't had a lot lately, but when we do get them we read them on the show in our feedback section. We don't over do it, if there's multiple we only do one per show.

joshuacliston

Post by joshuacliston » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 am

yakko wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:12 pm
We haven't had a lot lately, but when we do get them we read them on the show in our feedback section. We don't over do it, if there's multiple we only do one per show.
I like the idea of one per show, that way if you get them in clusters (which I know I do) you avoid reading them all one week and then having no new reviews to read the next week. Good thinking :D

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:21 pm

I personally think moderation is the key here - if you EVER mention a review. If you're ever asking for a review (whether in show, in an intro, etc), I think reading them is a good way to share the love and encourage more - subtly. It shows the listeners you read them and appreciate them taking the time to write it.

With that said, I personally prioritize other feedback methods over iTunes reviews.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast