The Future Of Podcasting

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit in to one of the other categories? Go ahead and post it here.
StargatePioneer

The Future Of Podcasting

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:42 am

Redditor user /u/misener yesterday posted his article "I tracked Apple’s Top 200 Podcasts for an entire year. Here’s what I found." https://blog.pacific-content.com/i-trac ... e450266a1e

The article shows some interesting trends that I'd be interested in tracking over time (longer than just one year). But as the graph shows some increases and decreases in several podcast genres I started to wonder what the future of podcasting genres is. So I'm throwing that question out to you. What do YOU see as the future of podcasting? What sort of content do you think listeners will be mass consuming in 2-5-10 years?

I look forward to your insights and responses!
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Re: The Future Of Podcasting

Post by StephenJondrew » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

I think it's going to keep cycling myself. In my 10 years I've seen the rise of long podcasts, to the rise of micro casts and now arguably longer podcasts are on the upward trend again. Part of it probably the comfort / exposure of 2x speed (a hour of content in half hour time).

I don't personally see the cycle ending as just like vibrant paint colors and high waisted pants, it all seems to come full circle.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast