Spring Cleaning

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit in to one of the other categories? Go ahead and post it here.
StargatePioneer

Spring Cleaning

Post by StargatePioneer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 am

Now that it is officially spring in the Northern Hemisphere of Earth (Just about summer solstice on Mars BTW), it's time to talk podcast Spring Cleaning. If you are a new podcaster how are you organizing your files? If you've been around for a while have you changed how your files are organized and what files you keep and where?

Have you cleaned your podcast studio? Have you sanitized your microphones? Have you taken stock of your podcast gear and decided what you are going to keep and what you are going to sell, giveaway or throw away?

And lastly, what about your show's content? Is it time to look for new bumps or intro/outro music? Is it time to retire some old segments and bring some new ones in? Have you assessed your downloads per episode and figured out which episodes your audience craves content wise?

Share your experiences here and help your fellow podcasters out!
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

yakko

Re: Spring Cleaning

Post by yakko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

I've been saying I would clean my office for months now. I need to get on it but life is too busy. I hope to have some time to do that and rewire everything. It's a bit of a mess.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:23 am

yakko wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm
I've been saying I would clean my office for months now. I need to get on it but life is too busy. I hope to have some time to do that and rewire everything. It's a bit of a mess.
Have you tried to schedule a time to sit down and do it? Even if you cannot do it at that time just reschedule it to another time. At least you'll put a marker on the board of when to do it.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 pm

yakko wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm
I'm with Yakko here. I keep meaning to clean my office and properly file a stack of accumulated paperwork over the last year. In addition, I need to go through and decide if I want to keep all the boxes that I've got from new gear / electronics over the last couple years.

On my to-do list is to empty the office closet, which has barley been touched for years and come to the realization that I don't need to keep what is in there. After that, move my DVDs/Blurays (yep have those still) in to the closet to help brighten up the office. I'll also construct somewhere in there to migrate my unused microphones from my desk hutch.

... that's my dream list anyway,
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast