Transistor.fm is the best podcast hosting I've found so far

Whether it was rock solid or a rocky road, post your experience with podcast media hosts here. Please post inquiries in the Service Inquiry forum. Note that self-hosting (such as using WordPress) belongs in Other Podcast Hosting Service Reviews.
brianrhea

Transistor.fm is the best podcast hosting I've found so far

Post by brianrhea » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 pm

After months of searching, I finally decided on Transistor.fm for podcast hosting.

A few reasons I chose them:

- You can host as many podcasts as you'd like, for one price. I'm not set on any one show/format and their pricing structure gives me plenty of freedom for shifting my approach without worrying about being charged per show.

- Each podcast you host with them gets its own website. This makes spinning up a legit web presence out of the gate super simple. You're also able to connect a custom domain to your hosted site for better branding.

- I really like the embedded player. Clean, simple, on point.

They also have a good how to start a podcast guide that was helpful for me as I'm beginning to record my episodes.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me out there wandering back and forth between the options so I just wanted to share my thoughts in hopes that someone else may find this helpful in making a decision! Good luck!

– Brian

StargatePioneer

Re: Transistor.fm is the best podcast hosting I've found so far

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 pm

brianrhea wrote:After months of searching, I finally decided on Transistor.fm for podcast hosting.

A few reasons I chose them:

- You can host as many podcasts as you'd like, for one price. I'm not set on any one show/format and their pricing structure gives me plenty of freedom for shifting my approach without worrying about being charged per show.

- Each podcast you host with them gets its own website. This makes spinning up a legit web presence out of the gate super simple. You're also able to connect a custom domain to your hosted site for better branding.

- I really like the embedded player. Clean, simple, on point.

They also have a good how to start a podcast guide that was helpful for me as I'm beginning to record my episodes.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me out there wandering back and forth between the options so I just wanted to share my thoughts in hopes that someone else may find this helpful in making a decision! Good luck!

– Brian
One of the issues I have currently have with Transistor is they only allow for 5,000 downloads per month on each account for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

brianrhea

Post by brianrhea » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Oh, interesting. That's actually one thing I like about their pricing. I can try out three or four different shows while I get my feet under me, so to speak.

From my perspective right now, if any of my shows push me above that level, then I've probably got a bit of traction and am willing to "grow into" the next pricing tier.

What service are you currently using, out of curiosity?

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:18 pm

brianrhea wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 pm
What service are you currently using, out of curiosity?
Over the past several years I have developed a 16 point criteria that I use to evaluate media hosting services. When applying that criteria (one of which is 3. Don't limit my audience size [unlimited bandwidth]) I only find two that meet the criteria: Libsyn and Podbean.

I do not work for any podcast media hosting service nor am I financially compensated for recommending any podcast media hosting service.

Busting 5,000 per month is pretty easy actually. By choosing the right media host from the start you will set your show up for success int eh long term and not have to worry about changing media hosts with the RSS at inopportune times. I've seen it before and really don;t wish it on anyone. Both Libsyn and Podbean have reasonable monthly plans that any hobbyist or professional will appreciate.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com