Technology Referrers for Stats - anyone seen a listing?

Whether it was rock solid or a rocky road, post your experience with podcast media hosts here. Please post inquiries in the Service Inquiry forum. Note that self-hosting (such as using WordPress) belongs in Other Podcast Hosting Service Reviews.
joshuacliston

Technology Referrers for Stats - anyone seen a listing?

Post by joshuacliston » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Hey all,

I've just had a referrer Lavf overtake Apple Core Media as my main technological-referrer in my Libsyn stats for one of my shows (which would normally have me thinking it's gotta be some kind of bot) ..but it got me thinking, is there anywhere online that has a listing of what the different media hosts name different referrers for stats and what each of those referrers actually are?

If not, maybe a job for this community? :D

StargatePioneer

Re: Technology Referrers for Stats - anyone seen a listing?

Post by StargatePioneer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 am

Great question. I have not seen one and most of the time I depend on Libsyn’s The Feed to explain all the referrers. Recently even Rob Walsh had trouble explaining some of them but finally analyzed them and was able to identify exactly where they were coming from. As I listen to The Feed and these come up I’ll definitely post here on the thread. Lavf is new to me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

joshuacliston

Re: Technology Referrers for Stats - anyone seen a listing?

Post by joshuacliston » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:23 pm

StargatePioneer wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 am
Great question. I have not seen one and most of the time I depend on Libsyn’s The Feed to explain all the referrers. Recently even Rob Walsh had trouble explaining some of them but finally analyzed them and was able to identify exactly where they were coming from. As I listen to The Feed and these come up I’ll definitely post here on the thread. Lavf is new to me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks SP :) ..yeah, Lavf is new to me too, and when I Googled the referrer, it came back as some kind of naming convention tied to TuneIn radio (which Dave Jackson from Libsyn confirmed is the case).