Apple Podcasts

If you have a question about a service (such as functionality or features), post it here. Please consult the review boards instead of asking "what is your favorite" style topics.
StargatePioneer

Apple Podcasts

Post by StargatePioneer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Apple is pivoting away from podcasts iTunes (How will I ever sync my iPod classic now!) with an announcement on April 13th, 2017.

https://www.apple.com/itunes/marketing- ... lines.html

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/04/ ... ed-changes

What are you looking forward to most with the change? What are your concerns? Do you even care (Hint: you should since Apple provides over 70% of your content to audiences via Libsyn stats read on Libsyn's The Feed podcast monthly by Libsyn Vice President Of Podcaster Relations, Rob Walch)?
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

yakko

Re: Apple Podcasts

Post by yakko » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 am

I *just* updated the subscription links on my site to make sure they all have the iTunes badges and two days later Apple makes me change them again. Figures...

Personally I think this is a good change. Maybe it will help people that get confused and think they have to pay for podcasts.

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Re: Apple Podcasts

Post by StephenJondrew » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 am

yakko wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 am
I *just* updated the subscription links on my site to make sure they all have the iTunes badges and two days later Apple makes me change them again. Figures...

Personally I think this is a good change. Maybe it will help people that get confused and think they have to pay for podcasts.
So it's your fault then? :p

But seriously, I agree with what you said. I've known many people who think you have to pay when you say it's in iTunes.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast