Backup Service(s)

If you have a question about a service (such as functionality or features), post it here. Please consult the review boards instead of asking "what is your favorite" style topics.
StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Backup Service(s)

Post by StephenJondrew » Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 am

I'm placing this here because I THINK it has the potential to be more service discussion than process, but go ahead and talk both. How do you backup your podcast and/or important files?

For me personally I use a combination of local network backup, OneDrive backup and external offline backup. Staying mostly on podcast topic - I keep a running folder on my computer of all of my complete podcast files (audio and video), which gets uploaded to OneDrive, as well as periodically backed up to an external drive. I do retain my working files as well (such as original audio tracks, video record, project files, etc). I do work in FLAC though, so that makes the ongoing storage minimized to a degree.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast

yakko

Re: Backup Service(s)

Post by yakko » Wed May 17, 2017 10:24 pm

I had a crashplan account at one time that I should revive at some point. It is a great backup service. We use Google Drive to store our files and every month or so I'll take all but the last couple episode folders and move them to an external drive. We do need to think about another off-site backup though. I've been thinking about maybe getting a couple drives to duplicate my existing backups then shipping them to the other hosts. Then we can all copy the new files from there.

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Re: Backup Service(s)

Post by StephenJondrew » Sun May 21, 2017 9:02 am

I've used crash plan before too and keep thinking to myself that I really should get it going again too. I was always impressed with how well it worked.
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast