ITunes provider page

If you have a question about a service (such as functionality or features), post it here. Please consult the review boards instead of asking "what is your favorite" style topics.
yakko

ITunes provider page

Post by yakko » Sat May 20, 2017 2:09 am

What has been everyone's experience with getting an iTunes provider page? I just requested one this morning and didn't know how long it usually takes. I figure it won't be a quick process, but should I expect weeks? Months?

Also do all the podcasts have to have been submitted with the same iTunes account? All the ones I submitted are, but one of our hosts has a show that I'd like to include eventually, but he submitted it under his account.

yakko

Re: ITunes provider page

Post by yakko » Mon May 22, 2017 8:06 pm

To answer my own question, my provider page was just created. That was much faster than I was anticipating. My only other question, and Apple doesn't seem to have anything that addresses it is my question about adding new podcasts. Do they have to be from the same account? Maybe some of the Gonna Geeks guys can answer that?

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Stephen has handled that for us. I'll let him answer but if I recall correctly from my end I didn't do anything. It was all handled on the network side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

zacharywebb

Post by zacharywebb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:30 pm

I created an iTunes Provider page for WC Podcast Network, and it was seamless also.
- Zachary Webb -
Podcaster at Serious About Tech! - Freelance Web Developer at WebbCo.us
Follower of Jesus Christ

Frozt

Post by Frozt » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:35 pm

If I recall correctly, you have to submit a rss feed to the itunes provider page. Anything under that feed is what gets parsed. So, when/if you add a new podcast and update your rss feed, then itunes automatically parses that to add new episodes.
Host of ChatNShat

yakko

Post by yakko » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 am

no, the provider page is a grouping of shows. I asked Daniel J Lewis on his stream today and he said it is possible, but the host with the other account should probably be the one that asks Apple to add to the page.

StargatePioneer

ITunes provider page

Post by StargatePioneer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:46 pm

How many shows do you have on your provider page now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

yakko

Post by yakko » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:24 am

I haven't made any additions yet, so we still only have the 6 I submitted.