Is there a 100% Canadian Solution???????

If you have a question about a service (such as functionality or features), post it here. Please consult the review boards instead of asking "what is your favorite" style topics.
StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Is there a 100% Canadian Solution???????

Post by StephenJondrew » Wed May 31, 2017 11:29 am

LOOKING FOR A 100% CANADA BASED SOLUTION: As a Canadian who has long been involved with various web projects I've often found that some of the best balances of price, features and service have come from US companies. Weirdly, this has at times even meant using a US company which actually had a Canadian data centers. I've noticed over the last couple years that there have been several Canadian hosting providers offering similar products and value and lately I've had a bit of an urge to keep my money in country to help support my fellow Canadians. I've already identified a Canadian Domain registrar, have one of my hosting packages with a Canadian provider, and am likely converting my other hosting to a different provider (I don't like to place all my eggs i none basked). The biggest challenge I have is my podcast stats/hosting. Currently the big players are not Canadian and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions of a viable podcast stats service (or media hosting service) that is 100% Canada based.

As mentioned, as a Canadian I'd like to support my fellow Canadian businesses if possible. Any suggestions? I'm not monetizing currently so name-recognition is not important but features, value and stability are. Thanks!
The Podcast Forum, Administrator
GonnaGeek.com, Owner/Podcaster • Better Podcasting, Co-Owner/Podcast

StargatePioneer

Re: Is there a 100% Canadian Solution???????

Post by StargatePioneer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Perhaps the owners of Molson and Canadian Whiskey will bankroll a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

yakko

Post by yakko » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Can you power something with maple syrup?

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 am

I'm sure both of these are viable options considering the US podcast solutions are supported by gun manufacturers and the fast food industry.

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:01 am

I guess us Canadians just don't care about podcasting. Guess it's back to pirate radio for me.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:11 pm

It's not a solution, but I thought I'd drop this here for you as you suck on your Molson and call moose. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcastplaylist/podcastdatabase?
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 am

You know the funny thing about this list is that some rep from CBC blasted communities awhile back but never paid attention to followups. I asked what they classified as Canadian. Ie. Canadian-owned? All Canadian Hosts? Canadian based content? Or podcasts exclusively sponsored by Tim Hortons?

StephenJondrew
Site Admin

Post by StephenJondrew » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am

BTW - I'm still looking for a solution. I'd love to migrate from Blubrry to a similar Canadian-based option.

StargatePioneer

Post by StargatePioneer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:32 pm

StephenJondrew wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am
BTW - I'm still looking for a solution. I'd love to migrate from Blubrry to a similar Canadian-based option.
You should make your own.