What is your editing software?

Software is an important part of podcasting, so discuss it here. This includes both traditional software and apps. PLEASE NOTE, ILLEGAL SOFTWARE DISCUSSION/SHARING IS NOT ALLOWED.
StargatePioneer

Re: What is your editing software?

Post by StargatePioneer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:30 pm

yakko wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 am
I use Audacity mainly. I have tried Hindenburg Journalist for a few shows because of the deal they had a few months ago, but my hands know so many of the shortcuts for Audacity that it's hard to change at this point.
I've thought the same thing. However since Audacity is a destructive editor I'm game to see how Reaper or a combined Video/audio editor like Vegas Movie Studio Platinum will do. I'm thinking in the long term it would save me time.
Host of www.betterpodcasting.com and Vice President Network Deveopment GonnaGeek.com

yakko

Post by yakko » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 pm

I'm actually slowly using Audition more and more thanks to getting it from work. I never could get my head wrapped around Reaper, but I haven't used it in a couple years.

Zandrax

Post by Zandrax » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:00 pm

I've been looking into https://auphonic.com. There is a free option that only allows for 2 hours a month, if you don't mind using somebody else's server to render your stuff. I do several shows (and learned the hard way that Stephen and SP were right about a "two show maximum" schedule), so it may be worth buying if it means getting several hours per week back.

I've heard good stuff about Audition, I just haven't seen any trial versions.

joshuacliston

Post by joshuacliston » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:43 am

I use a mix of Audacity and Audition on my iMac (I also use the Auphonic desktop app).
I've tried using just one or the other only, but find each a little lacking.

conradrocks

Post by conradrocks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Like a lot of people, Hindenburg and Audacity. I used to use Levelator, but have Auphonic now.

conradrocks

Post by conradrocks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm

yakko wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 am
I use Audacity mainly. I have tried Hindenburg Journalist for a few shows because of the deal they had a few months ago, but my hands know so many of the shortcuts for Audacity that it's hard to change at this point.
Audacity does some pretty cool stuff for being free. Audio ducking is pretty awesome.
I love how you can drag and drop clips in Hindenburg though.
I am glad i took the time to learn it.

Ikea Logistics

Post by Ikea Logistics » Sat May 05, 2018 5:40 am

I’m using Hindenburg Journalist